Congratulations, NAIOP SFBA Members! San Francisco Bay Area has been recognized by NAIOP Corporate as Chapter of the Year 2018! Thank you to our dedicated volunteer leaders and members who made 2017 such a successful year for the Chapter.
The annual NAIOP Chapter Merit Awards honor the outstanding events, publications and strides of the NAIOP’s 52 chapters throughout the year. The awards are presented at the Chapter Leadership & Legislative Retreat, which took place February 5-7, 2018 in Washington D.C.
The San Francisco Bay Area Chapter rang in its 40th year with a number of major accomplishments in each of the categories outlined for the Chapter of the Year award, which include chapter education, government affairs involvement, member recruitment and retention activities, communication, and management procedures.
Here are just a few of the highlights…
- Increased membership to the milestone of 650, almost doubling in size since 2013
- Increased volunteer participation by over 40 individuals
- Grew sponsorship support of the Chapter
- Brought additional member value through new members’ only benefits
- Diversified program offerings to incorporate multi-family and industrial audiences
- Worked in partnership with the California Business Properties Association (CBPA) to monitor relevant legislative issues and keep members informed
- Launched a new monthly Chapter newsletter to improve communications
- Set record registration numbers in all marquee events
- Raised over $10,000 for a charitable donation to a local organization in need
- Launched the 5th year of the YPG program with a growing contingent of over 120 alumni
- Improved collaboration amongst committees resulting in an all-hands-on-deck approach to membership growth
NAIOP SFBA congratulates the other Chapter Merit Award winners as well! View the complete list here.