Apply for YPG
YPG strives to achieve diversity across all areas including industry specialization, corporate representation, age, gender and ethnicity, which will offer the YPG student an opportunity to strengthen his or her individual skill sets in areas considered vital to the top real estate firms. Program members will be selected by YPG advisers who are association leaders representing various corporations and industry specializations.
A maximum of 35 students are accepted annually for each program through a detailed application review process. The application period opens in late spring. All applicants are notified of their status in July, and the kick-off orientation retreat will be held in September. Monthly classes are held from October through the following July. Specific program dates will be announced to successful applicants. Applicants must be members of the San Francisco Bay Area Chapter of NAIOP or must commit to join if selected for the program. All students must be sponsored by their employer and both the student and employer are required to participate in tuition fees: $500 per student and $2,500 per student by the employer.
- Must be a professional in the commercial real estate industry and a member in good standing of NAIOP San Francisco Bay Area. You do not need to be a member to apply, but must join by August 16, 2017 if accepted into the program.
- Must be 35 years of age or younger as of December 31, 2017.
- Must be willing to commit the time, resources and skills required for active involvement in the program including, but not limited to, attendance at all program events. Applicants must obtain explicit support of their employer for this commitment to YPG.
- Must practice high standards of professional and personal integrity.
- Must demonstrate leadership qualities and capabilities as well as positive attitudes.
- Must be able to attend the orientation workshop on September 22-24, 2017 at the Tiburon Lodge (Marin County)
Applications for the 2018-19 YPG Program will be available in spring 2018.
The NAIOP YPG Program offers a one-of-a-kind opportunity to create a brand for yourself in the San Francisco real estate community. The peer group is outstanding and facilitates long-lasting, meaningful connections with a variety of other top-notch professionals across the industry. Both personally and professionally, the curriculum is a vehicle to refine leadership and communication skills, practice group problem solving and evaluate goals from both a short and long-term perspective. I highly recommend participating.